Need to starve myself due to upset stomach

Sunhat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I need to starve myself due to day 3 of an upset stomach- yesterday I had a soda scone with a little jam, no butter for breakfast, lunch evening meal, today no better, I feel ´wobbly´ as if my glucose levels are low, so just tested, 3 times, got a reading 9.8, 10.4 and 11.2! o_O so not low, the opposit. I had a little toast at 9.30, no jam or butter, visited the bathroom too many times to remember since!
Apart from boiled basmati rice any suggestions?

Sunhat

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I wouldn't eat carbs...I'd have fat and protein. (I saw you're on metformin..if not eating and yiu go low, I'd contact dr and ask if you should stop for a couple of days
I would drink more water..hardly anyone ever drinks enough..I would drink 2 quarts/litres now and continue till I had 2 full bladders in 2 hr

Last edited by a moderator:
K

Kat100

You see not upsetting anyone , after 3 days , I would eat a little rice because that is normal for my diet ..
What is normal for your diet , what do you feel like eating ...

You don't want to go hypo and yes on metformin you can ...it does happen ...so while you are not well you need to eat when you feel able , this is the time I would indeed eat a banana , again that is me and I have done so when unwell ...

You need to look after yourself ...you should not really take metformin on an empty stomach ...you might consider some medical advise ...

Hope you get well soon ...kat

Reactions: 5 people