Nervous...

aqualung

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I ran out of test strips a while ago and wasn't able to afford to buy any more. I finally had some amazon vouchers last week so I bought some strips. They arrived today and I will restart testing tomorrow. I am quite nervous to be honest. I have eaten reasonably well and mostly things I know don't spike my bs but there has been the odd mince pie and cream and I haven't tested 9 bars yet.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Worry not. :D

Just have a sensible breakfast, and take it from there...

Besides, at this time of year you would be inhuman not to have the odd 'discrepency'...

Reactions: 4 people

Nuthead

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I keep looking at the mince pies in the kitchen. Double cream in the fridge next to the insulin. Haven't cracked yet....however....
Worry about things worth worrying about. You'll be ok.
plugging-in-xmas-tree-smiley-emoticon.gif

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Whatever your levels, you can always get back on track, and if not so good, you will be in good company this week coming. Let us know ...... :)

Reactions: 6 people

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
I keep looking at the mince pies in the kitchen. Double cream in the fridge next to the insulin. Haven't cracked yet....however....
Worry about things worth worrying about. You'll be ok.
View attachment 9911
Mrs Nuthead should have her own combination locked fridge freezer and you should have a temptation free one lol lol

Reactions: 2 people

aqualung

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
OK my testing started again today...
I didn't do a fasting test as I was up too late and had a mug of tea before I got up.
For breakfast I had 2 fried eggs with 2 slices of ham (proper ham off the bone from the butchers)
Before lunch my bg was 6.0 - I was getting hungry by then so could have been liver dump? lunch was 1/2 avocado, brie, ham, pickled onions and ham with tea to drink. After 2 hours my bg was 5.3
I then decided to test a mince pie so had half with extra thick double cream. After 2 hours bg was 6.5
So nothing disastrous but I think having tested and seen my bg I probably won't eat any more mince pies. And that is why I needed to test...