Neurontin side effects

creative

I have just returned from my 2 monthly assesment by my Dr.
He is happy with my progress, will not give me anymore than one pack of strips and says I don`t need to test all the time. (That must sound like a recording on this forum) I digress..

He is not happy with my neuropathy and has prescribed Gabapentin/Neurontin 400mg daily then to 600 after 10 days.
Has anybody suffered from side effects of this medication as the list seem quite daunting?
Allan

FordPrefect

I cant say I have had this drug but I am on the successor called pregabalin, its better tolerated but it has plenty of side effects too. My only advice given that I am also on a lot of drugs that cause side effects is to be aware of them and if you have any problems at all no matter how small then see your GP asap.

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
creative said:
I have just returned from my 2 monthly assesment by my Dr.
He is happy with my progress, will not give me anymore than one pack of strips and says I don`t need to test all the time. (That must sound like a recording on this forum) I digress..

He is not happy with my neuropathy and has prescribed Gabapentin/Neurontin 400mg daily then to 600 after 10 days.
Has anybody suffered from side effects of this medication as the list seem quite daunting?
Allan

My husband suffered quite a few of the side effects, Best advice is to familiarise yourself with the side effects and take a note if you suffer any of them then discuss it with doctor. It can take over a week to get used to this drug and starting out on the lowest dose can certainly help minimise the side effects.