Neuropathy drugs etc.

arfajob

I have tried every sort of pill available on the NHS to try to control the pain in my feet, all to no avail. Either they have no effect or they stop the pain but the side effects are too severe. :(
My doctor has suggested that I might think about trying nerve block injections to my spine, but this sounds risky to me, has anyone tried this, and if so, what was involved and what was the result?
He could not give me too much detail and suggested I asked on the forum for your experiences and wisdom...... :eek:
Thanks for any info. :)
Tim

arfajob

Hi @arfajob, welcome to the forum.

There is another thread about neuropathy and you may find some of the suggestions helpful.

Help in dealing with neuropathy.
http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/help-in-dealing-with-neuropathy.74653/

I don't think anyone has mentioned having nerve block injections on the forum but I will bump your post up in the hope that someone with experience of this procedure can help..

Thank you, I'll have a look, though I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned the nerve block thingy, as my Doctor seemed to think it was fairly common as a last ditch attempt for pain control. He did say however that the results were varied, which sounds ominous.