Neuropathy

susieg

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
the confusion about what and what not to eat, provided by others who know it all!
I've only been dx Type 1 for 14months, My levels are generally within range. I had numbness in selected toes for quite a while last year, not terribly numb - but just a feeling, you know, not quite right, I can feel them when I touch them, but sometimes they feel like they're not really there, do I make sense?
They don't really hurt, but ache, it seemed to subside over the summer, but now I seem to have more painful feeling in other toes. IS this neuropathy or am I just imagining it?

Elc1112

Hi Susie,

I'd be surprised if it was neuropathy given that you were only diagnosed 14 months ago. Having said that, I'm no medical expert. Mention it next time you see your doctor or DSN. They should be able to let you know if it's anything to worry about x

duranie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Winter!
I was diagnosed with both peripheral & autonomic neuropathy only 5 years after type 1 diagnosis, so early onset complications can happen unfortunately. Hopefuly its not neuropathy tho x

LaughingHyena

I was diganosed around 18 months ago and started havign all sorts of pain in my feet around 3 months after diagnosis. They were pretty bad, couldn't sleep (they were worst at night) and couldn't walk very far. Was given some tablets to take which did seem to take the edge off things and sent to the podiatrist to check there was nothing else going on.

Anyway I was told it could be just my body adjusting to haveing normal sugar levels again and should go away within 6 - 12 months, which it pretty much has. This was the consultant, no one else seemed to mention the possibility it would clear up.

I would mention it to your DSN and get it checked out but it may just be something that will pass.

susieg

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
the confusion about what and what not to eat, provided by others who know it all!
Thanks for your replies, I have an appointment with my DSN at the end of this month, so will mention it then, I hope it's nothing!! (Touching wood - they're ok this week. ) weird how things go up and down, never seems to be on an even keel.