new address - do you need to go through medical check again?

J-a-n-e

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
A year ago I've renewed my driving licence which is supposed to expire in 2 years. One month ago I moved to a new address. I've tried to re-registered my address on-line, but was unable... I've sent a form by post to DVLA. Yesterday I've received a questionnaire regarding my diabetes and my insulin control... My diabetes condition didn't change, only my address. Does anybody know if you need to go through all these diabetes things again if you change an address?

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I can't remember how I did it because it was a while ago that I moved house (may have phoned them, may have done online or just written to them) but I know I didn't have to do anything medical again.

I suggest you phone the helpline and check. Things could have changed since I did mine, but common sense would say that you shouldn't need to.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Seems rather odd considering you were only informing them of a change of address, agree with Azure that you should ring them and ask for an explanation, I'm sure there's been a mistake somewhere.

Reactions: 2 people

Larablink

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I was fine when I recently changed my address, they just sent me a new licence not another medical request

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
I had no trouble when moving house all they asked for was that I sent in an up to date photo for the licence.