New cookbook

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
I've bought the "New Atkins New You Cookbook. It has 200 low carb recipes which it claims are quick to make. I have only browsed it so far, but it's going to increase my repertoire.
Yes I have made a Christmas cake, covered in Royal Icing no less. Still I expect visitors, children and grandchildren to dispose of it. I MIGHT taste a tiny bit as I've used a variation on an old recipe. I put in pale coloured fruits mainly. Pineapple, apricots, papaya, mango and lots of Almonds. Lidle were selling these loose, so I bought a bagful. Great value, even if I had to blanch them myself. I have to make mayonnaise this afternoon. I have 3 yolks left over from making the Royal icing. I also have raspberry vinegar, which I'll use to flavour the mayo. home made of course.
I keep a Czech Christmas Eve. Fish with potato salad [I have green salad available too] The fish should be carp, but since I don't like it, we have cod or plaice as chosen by the family and best quality fish fingers for the children, plus chips for them too. I am going back to my roots forclassic Czech Recipes.I have to "Low carb" them. Czech cooking adapts fairly well.
Hana

Reactions: 8 people

janewatt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Would be interested to hear what you think of the recipe book when you've had a chance to read and use some of it.

I'm particularly interested in the "quick to make" aspect!

I hope it's an enjoyable experience for you,

Jane.