1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

New Diet Information

Discussion in 'Low Calorie Diets' started by Administrator, Nov 11, 2009.

1. Administrator

Administrator Family member · Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Administrator

Dear All,

We will shortly be putting live a low-carb diabetes diet section on Diabetes.co.uk. As a forum of those that do not low-carb, which other diabetes dietary approaches would you like us to focus on?

Regards,

Admin

2. cugila

cugila · Master

As someone who is an advocate of the GI/GL method of diet I would like to see more information about that area.

It does look daunting to a 'newbie' but if it was explained here better I think that would be of benefit.

Ken.

3. Sid Bonkers

Sid Bonkers Type 2 · Well-Known Member

100% in agreement with Cugila, plus more emphasis on portion control [​IMG]

4. mullaneder

mullaneder · Well-Known Member

total agreement with ken and sid

dermot

5. FordPrefect

FordPrefect · Well-Known Member

Sounds good so far. Portion sizes is probably the biggest misunderstanding about the DUK advice as many people stack there plates higher so the advice then is wrong. I'd also suggest that maybe some recipes might be nice including some no sugar/low sugar/splenda cakes/buiscuits might be nice too!

6. noblehead

noblehead Type 1 · Guru
    Retired Moderator

Administrator,

Good idea having different sections for individuals following a particular diet.

Another useful section could be on drinks, providing nutritional values to each. I mean everyday drinks such as tea, coffee, fruit juice, squash and fizzy pop. This section could also include alcoholic drinks, although best to put a disclaimer in this section to say that the forum does not advocate drinking ! :wink:

Nigel

7. kegstore

kegstore · Well-Known Member

If it's somewhere that this ridiculous, vague, inaccurate and totally subjective term can finally be clarified then I'm all for it.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook