New DN and a Thank You to all forumites

ClaireG 06

I went to see my new DN last night as i am swapping from twice daily injections of mixed insulin to the Basal / Bolus regime. She is really lovely and very supportive :D I'm also going to go on a DAFNE course :D

She told me i am her most clued up patient :D So i wanted to say a massive thanks to you all, as without you all i wouldn't have a quarter of the knowledge i have.

ebony321

Dislikes
Tomatoes, Rude people, Bees!
Hi Claire,

Great news, looks like you got a great DN there :)

I'm sure you'll love the DAFNE course and the flexibility of the basal/bolus regime.

Best of luck, be sure to post how it goes :)

Ann19

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Claire, it sounds like things are looking up for you! :D I too would like to know how you go-on with the DAFNE course and the new regime.

Ann

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Hi, Fab news to hear, am sure you will feel the benefit of the "flexibility" that levemir/novorapid will give you.
Plus lucky you :D getting all the positive help and support you need from your new DN, she sounds a real star.
Please do keep us updated with how you go on the DAFNE course and your new insulin routine too. This is a great testimony to how much help the forum can give, with knowledge and support it can and does transform - inspire us all.
Anna.x :D