New hope in fight against diabetes

LCW

Dislikes
Depends on the day!
This was a front page headline in The Daily Express today regarding a new drug. It is suitable for type 1 and 2 diabetics. I don't know if this is old news but as a newly diagnosed type 2 diabetic, I thought thank god, there is light at the end of the tunnel. The article describes a once a day jab of a groundbreaking new drug called Tresiba , a longer lasting type of insulin that costs just £2.50 each day. It apparently lasts for 40 hours, which means sufferers do not have to inject as often and if they forget in a day, they are covered. It is anticipated to be able to prevent premature and unnecessary death from the disease. Diabetes Uk have commented on the new drug apparently but I haven't seen any information yet on the website. This may be because I am still bewildered by the amount of information there is available on the disease and have overlooked it. Has anyone heard anymore about this drug?

spendercat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty. I am kind.
Yes, its a long lasting basal insulin injection.
The last time I looked the American authorities were refusing it a license to be sold there, So we in Europe are to be the low cost guinea pigs.
Hmmm