jenrose

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
very cold and very hot weather
Hi
I have just read this article about NICE introducing new incentives for doctors to monito blood pressure for people with diabetes. I noticed that they have lowered the systolic/diastolic measurements recommended for people with diabetes from 145/85 to 140/80.

Sorry put the wrong link on, this is the correct link.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_a ... ttr=797084

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
This article by Mr David Rose looks flawed ?

The present UK NICE guidelines regarding Diabetes and Blood Pressure Therapy are as follows.

Monitor blood pressure 1–2-monthly, and intensify therapy if on medications until blood pressure is consistently below 140/80 mmHg (below 130/80 mmHg if there is kidney, eye or cerebrovascular disease).

As such these present figures are lower than the so called 2010 guidelines ? I don't think that NICE with all their failings are going to go backwards.

Ken.

jenrose

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
very cold and very hot weather
Seems there is something wrong here somewhere. I always thought that in the UK that they liked bp to be below 140 systolic but in the US they try to keep it below 130 systolic. My doctor likes my bp to be under 130 but the nurses are quite happy if it is 137 systolic but at the moment my bp is below 130 anyway with the meds.