New Jazz meter - HATE it.

joelcam

Hi all,

I was recently moved onto a Jazz glucose monitor as part of the cost-cutting exercise in Wales. Apparently we will all have them at some point as the strips are so much cheaper for the NHS, which makes sense and I applaud the sentiment. If I can cost the tax-payer less in my effort to stay alive then this is obviously a good thing.

The meter and strips itself are garbage though (in my opinion based on me using it since Friday). I'm not bothered by how the meter looks or feels etc, all I want is accurate and timely results. I did a test yesterday and glucose was 11.8, which is very high for me. Tested again and got 6.9 then again and got 8.4. This was a little confusing, my old meter gave me readings of 6.5 and 6.4. This happened a few times over the weekend too.

Then this morning, I left the gym went to test and got a warning message that it was too cold to perform a test. It was nowhere near as cold as it has been over recent times and my other meter only ever failed to give a reading when the temperature inside my car was close to freezing.

Then lunch time just now, I used 6 (six!!!) strips to get a reading as I kep getting different error codes, despite taking the sample EXACTLY as described in the manual.

Not really looking forward to a lifetime with this meter!

Anyone else got one and experienced anything similar?

JC

amcdee

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Can't agree with you more. I to have had similar results, leading to hypo. I don't trust the meter at all, but is it still better then the trueresult. I'm all for saving the nhs money, but if we are meant to adminisor this potentially leathal drug, we should be have equipment which gives accurate results.
I have have spoken to the UK distribtion / support, only to be given the impression it's a one man band!

Good luck hope going have more success then I did

Sent from my EndeavorU using Tapatalk 2