New on the forum - from Denmark

annelise

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unfriendly and bigotted persons; i.e. persons who do not have an open or enquiring mind - but all within reason - persons may have a reason to appear as such - we will never know their backgrounds or where they come from ...
Hello, I am Annelise, 68 years and from Denmark.

Was diagnosed as a T2 August 2012 – and have been onto a steep upward learning curve since then.

Started out with no idea of what diabetes was about. My GP fortunately had the wit to tell me to go onto the Internet to seek out information. My first action: find the Danish Diabetes Association's website and order a lot of their cookbooks. BIG mistake and expensive! It was only after I happened on the American twin website (Diabetes Daily) to this UK website that I started to get control of by blood glucose numbers.

A week ago, I then found this UK site and I have read intensively as a lurker since then. But now I wish to join as there seems to be some very interesting discussions going on to which I would have liked to make a contribution.

Annelise (Denmark)

- oh, and by the way, I have noticed that there seems to be more 'freedom of speech' here – good - however, not necessarily always in a positive sense on some threads.

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Welcome annelise
I'll be looking forward to some Danish recipes [low carb of course!]
Hana

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
Welcome Annelise. Glad you've joined. I see you also have noticed freedom of speech sometimes means not everybody is always supportive or positive. However, the other 99% are ! Take care ;-)
Mo

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

annelise

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unfriendly and bigotted persons; i.e. persons who do not have an open or enquiring mind - but all within reason - persons may have a reason to appear as such - we will never know their backgrounds or where they come from ...
nomistheman said:
How does Danish Diabetes care compare to the rest of the world?

Must look for some reduced carb Danish pastry recipes. :)

Thanks for the welcome, Nomis (and others)

No Danish pastry recipes here from me :) !

And Danish diabetes recommendations are closely on the leewind of the US recommendations – only a bit delayed … - Had cook books from the Danish Diabetes Association with recommendations about eating whole grains! I even got a complimentary baking recipe book from the Association touting whole grains when I joined. Hmm. (I agree that whole grains may be good for non diabetics but in my optics carbs are carbs whether whole grain or not).

I am now trying to have a rather low carb diet but I will freely eat butter, fatty meets, eggs etc – you will get the picture.

And my numbers have consistently improved.

annelise