New pump!!

Debloubed

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
When people say 'Pacific' instead of 'Specific' :-)
Had 'the call' over Xmas, appt made for meeting my DN in 2 weeks and starting the pump selection process!! Very excited :D :D :D

Any pump users got any advice on what kind of questions I should ask? My mind is a blur whenever I think about it and I want to go in prepared! :p

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Debloubed said:
Had 'the call' over Xmas, appt made for meeting my DN in 2 weeks and starting the pump selection process!! Very excited :D :D :D

Any pump users got any advice on what kind of questions I should ask? My mind is a blur whenever I think about it and I want to go in prepared! :p

Congratulations. Hope everything goes well with your new pump.

This is a link to INPUT a very good organisation with lot's of inf and help regarding pumping. It is usually the one most pumpers recommend.
http://www.input.me.uk/

JasonHayes

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Good news. I would never give up my pump, been on it since Aug 2009. I find http://www.insulin-pumpers.org good. Also the compare pumps on http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/faq/compf02.html which is good. A must for me is a Food/Carb Database and a pump that helps work out what Insulin you have on board. I'm a Animas pump user, I look at everyone and for me it was simply the best. I LOVE IT. Ring the pump people and ask for details, Animas will sometimes supply a demo one to your Health Care Team for you to see.

kegstore

Dislikes
Unnecessary rudeness, and any PC
Good news Deb, but bear in mind your choice of pump may be restricted to whatever your pump team are trained in the use of. Medtronic and Roche seem to be the most popular currently. INPUT is a great resource.

Debloubed

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
When people say 'Pacific' instead of 'Specific' :-)
thanks Keg, did you get your CGM automatically with your Medtronic?

kegstore

Dislikes
Unnecessary rudeness, and any PC
Debloubed said:
thanks Keg, did you get your CGM automatically with your Medtronic?
Definitely not! Although CGM was the reason for changing from Roche, I had to jump through several hoops of fire to persuade my PCT to fund the sensors, which they did after 6 months or so of battling.

At the time, the Paradigm was also far more advanced than the Spirit, with the bolus wizard and insulin-on-board functions. Roche may have updated the software since 2007 though, when I changed over.

meela83

woohoo excellent news debloubed! I have got the medtronic paradigm veo and love it but didn't really have a choice as my dsn wanted me to have one that had the option of CGM as OH and I are trying for a baby! I can answer any questions you have on that pump if you are trying to compare features. :D