New site initiative

csf1s

I don't know whether this is the correct place to contact the site designers but I do think that it would be helpful to place (on the home page) a direct link to what should be expected in the way of tests and treatment when a person is first diagnosed. Whereas there is, of course, a section for 'newly diagnosed' there doesn't appear to be a 'list' of things that should be happening re a newly dignosed patient. A friend of mine was diagnosed 5 years ago, was running regularly in the 14's when infrequently tested at the surgery but did not receive advice about diet (the oses and carbs). He was not offered (or told about) the HBA1c test or the blood tests to establish liver, kidney, cholestorol levels or about any of the risks attached to the disease. He lives abroad but when I learned of his condition he already was suffering from a foot abscess.
I realise that this info is available in abundance on the site but as a recently diagnosed (last March) patient whose first port of call (in conjuction with a visit to my GP) was this site I would have appreciated this crucial knowledge to be in one place and immediately accessible. The (very good) advice is to go and see your doctor and the dangers are clearly identified but this info although known to all of us is certainly not immediately apparent in the form of a simple list to 'tick off''.Most doctors, of course, are fully versed in the treatment of diabetes but this information would not only insure against poor treatment but would also re-assure newly panicked patients that everything was happening as it should.
Having established this fact the patient can go on to explore the balanced - low carb diet debate ( I am firmly low carb) and the general mass of information etc. on your excellent site at their relative leisure.