new snack idea

bedshaped2000

I've been looking for new snack ideas so I thought I'd try weetabix breakfast snack bars. I tried the apple and cinnamon flavour. The box states that per 50g serving which is 4 biscuits has 31.6g of carb and 7.8 sugar. So I only had 1 as a in between snack which is 8g of carb and 2g of sugar. 5.4 before 6.0 1hour test and 5.3 second hour. Conclusion a very cost effective snack and easy to carry or leave in car as they are biscuits . I bought these in our local pound shop so for a pound you get 20 biscuits. So 1 a day last you 3 weeks not bad eh?

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I eat these too. For me they're perfect before bed if I'm just a touch too low to go to sleep on. 1 biscuit is perfect they're a bit dry though so you need a nice drink too!

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
Weetabix On The Go Breakfast Biscuits.

Ingredients

Wheat Flours (Plain, Wholegrain (12%)),Wholegrain Oat Flour (23%) ,Vegetable Oil ,Sugar ,Weetabix (6%) (Wholegrain Wheat, Malted Barley Extract, Sugar, Salt, Niacin, Iron, Riboflavin (B2), Thiamin (B1), Folic Acid) ,Skimmed Milk Powder (5%) ,Oligofructose Syrup ,Tapioca Starch ,Raising Agent: Ammonium Bicarbonate ,Flavourings ,Salt ,Calcium ,Niacin ,Iron ,Riboflavin (B2) ,Thiamin (B1) ,Folic Acid

Ever thought of eating raw vegetables as a snack? A small carrot will only have around 3 or 4g of carbs and none of the above processed garbage.

Or maybe not snacking at all?

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Very negative comment Sid :( not everyone wants to eat veggies all the time.

Personally, I eat an extremely varied diet and so I don't mind a little "processed garbage" when I fancy a snack occasionally.

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I eat Belvita biscuits.

Come in packs of 4, 56 calories per biscuit, 8g of carbs per biscuit.

I keep them in the car and have 4 when I can't get away for a meal.