1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

new snack idea

Discussion in 'Diabetes Discussions' started by bedshaped2000, Oct 23, 2013.

1. bedshaped2000

bedshaped2000 · Well-Known Member

I've been looking for new snack ideas so I thought I'd try weetabix breakfast snack bars. I tried the apple and cinnamon flavour. The box states that per 50g serving which is 4 biscuits has 31.6g of carb and 7.8 sugar. So I only had 1 as a in between snack which is 8g of carb and 2g of sugar. 5.4 before 6.0 1hour test and 5.3 second hour. Conclusion a very cost effective snack and easy to carry or leave in car as they are biscuits . I bought these in our local pound shop so for a pound you get 20 biscuits. So 1 a day last you 3 weeks not bad eh?

2. Shell1

Shell1 Parent · Well-Known Member

Thanks ill get some for my little girl always looking for snacks under 10 carbs saves injecting .

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

3. hale710

hale710 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I eat these too. For me they're perfect before bed if I'm just a touch too low to go to sleep on. 1 biscuit is perfect they're a bit dry though so you need a nice drink too!

4. hotblack desiato

hotblack desiato Type 2 · Active Member

champion , will get some today

5. Sid Bonkers

Sid Bonkers Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Weetabix On The Go Breakfast Biscuits.

Ingredients

Wheat Flours (Plain, Wholegrain (12%)),Wholegrain Oat Flour (23%) ,Vegetable Oil ,Sugar ,Weetabix (6%) (Wholegrain Wheat, Malted Barley Extract, Sugar, Salt, Niacin, Iron, Riboflavin (B2), Thiamin (B1), Folic Acid) ,Skimmed Milk Powder (5%) ,Oligofructose Syrup ,Tapioca Starch ,Raising Agent: Ammonium Bicarbonate ,Flavourings ,Salt ,Calcium ,Niacin ,Iron ,Riboflavin (B2) ,Thiamin (B1) ,Folic Acid

Ever thought of eating raw vegetables as a snack? A small carrot will only have around 3 or 4g of carbs and none of the above processed garbage.

Or maybe not snacking at all?

6. hale710

hale710 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Very negative comment Sid :( not everyone wants to eat veggies all the time.

Personally, I eat an extremely varied diet and so I don't mind a little "processed garbage" when I fancy a snack occasionally.

7. douglas99

douglas99 I reversed my Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I eat Belvita biscuits.

Come in packs of 4, 56 calories per biscuit, 8g of carbs per biscuit.

I keep them in the car and have 4 when I can't get away for a meal.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook