1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

New Support Group

Discussion in 'Diabetes Events' started by mercury, Sep 28, 2012.

1. mercury

mercury · Well-Known Member

The first meeting of cumnock area diabetes support will be held on Wed 14th November at Cumnock Town Hall starting at 19.30Hrs. It would be nice if anyone from this forum who lives in the area or nearby could come along. If you do please come and say hello to me, I will be the rather panic stricken looking one. If all goes well will be holding firther meetings on the second Wednesday of each month. Your thoughts on this would be appreciated

2. catherinecherub

catherinecherub · Guest

Hi Mercury,

I do not live in your area but would like to say that I hope all goes well for you. It is a good thing that you are doing as it will help others. :thumbup:

3. noblehead

noblehead Type 1 · Guru
    Retired Moderator

I think it's a great idea Mercury. Why not advertise your meeting in your local gp surgery's and your hospital diabetes clinic, more often than enough they'll be happy to help.

4. anna29

anna29 Type 2 · Well-Known Member
    Retired Moderator

Where I live , our local support group has been given permission to advertise in the
    hospitals eye and feet clinics too.
    Also local supermarket notice boards .
    You can get some great deals on flyers/leaflets and posters to use.
    Some extra ideas there for you to consider :idea:
    Anna.

5. mercury

Thanks everyone for your input

6. MaryJ

MaryJ · Well-Known Member

Good luck with it mercury,

not near you but interested to hear how it goes

Mary x

7. mercury

Went to the Glasgow office yesterday to discuss the speaker for the first meeting. Was warmly welcomed by Honor Shaw who has also agreed to be my first speaker on the subject of Diabetes UK. Roll on 14th november.

8. noblehead

noblehead Type 1 · Guru
    Retired Moderator

Looks like all is going well Mercury, not long now :thumbup:

9. mercury

Had a reply from councillor kathy Morrice, (Spokesperson for Community Wellbeing) East Ayrshire Council, accepting my invitation to my first meeting on Nov 14th.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook