New to forum, T1 for 25 yrs

Petey

Hi all,

New to the forum but had T1 for 25 years. I'm an active watersports participant and about to start pumping (as soon as the PCT coughs up), so will be trawling the board for hints and tips.

Cheers... Pete.

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
hya pete and a warm welcome :D

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Hi Pete

You will receive some great help here with pumps. I have only been on pump for 4 weeks and was s**t scared before it. Had great help from folk here, and especially 1 person who has been an absolute saviour to me. I still can't believe that people on here that I have never met in person, and aren't paid professionals can give so much.

I always thought I was a caring kind person, but this forum has intoruced me to people who are just absolutely exceptional with their support and advice.

Pre pump, during pump you will get some great info here. So much more personal experience than the pump reps and DSN's. (Not knocking them exactly, but just praising the folk that have supported me so much).

Pump wise, it enables you to get better more level BG's, don't know what pump you are getting, and how this can fit in with aqua sport hobbies...but no doubt somebody will be able to advise......

CR741

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
HI pete,
I am type 1 and i'm going on the pump this monday. i am active too as i do a lot of dancing. i hope we both get on well with it, you will have to tell us how you are doing.
cr741 :D