New to insulin. Type 2

mufc19

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey guys I just wanted to ask a couple of questions if possible, I've just gone onto insulin today and I wanted to ask if anyone has had any bad side effects and also, well I haven't really got another question, I'd just like some advice as my head is totally mashed :(

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hiya. Not on insulin meself but I'll give your question a bump ;)

Reactions: 2 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
What insulin are you on?

Depending on your levels pre insulin you may at times feel a bit odd as your levels reduce...not everybody gets these feelings. Any possible side effects should noted on the leaflet info with the insulin. The worst one I yhink most of us would say is having a hypo.

If you drive you will need to inform dvla.

mufc19

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
What insulin are you on?

Depending on your levels pre insulin you may at times feel a bit odd as your levels reduce...not everybody gets these feelings. Any possible side effects should noted on the leaflet info with the insulin. The worst one I yhink most of us would say is having a hypo.

If you drive you will need to inform dvla.
Hi Donnellysdogs, I'm on Humulin M3, 10 mls/units are whatever they are called twice a day.

malcymjc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi I started on Humilin M3 last week and although I am getting some good levels now I am getting quite wild variations 18 in the afternoon and then 5.9 two hours after evening meal. I have gone below 4 a couple of times in my first week. We are not sure yet if I am T2 or LADA. But am concerned about the significant differences over relatively short periods of time.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
I wa son Humilin but it did not suit me as had a few lows am now on Humalog mix 25in a morning and 50 mix at eve meal

Sauron

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Morons
I am on lantus and all is going well

nigelho

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Donnellysdogs, I'm on Humulin M3, 10 mls/units are whatever they are called twice a day.
Remember even with insulin to watch the amount of total carbs being eaten. All carbs will raise the BSs. Keep a food diary to monitor how things are working.