New to Pump - recommended reading

ellecook79

Hi all,

I picked up a medtronic pump yesterday from the hospital and am getting fitted with my own lovely pink one in a couple of weeks.

I have had an hour and a half run through with the nurse but would like to read as much as I can before I start.

What books/ sites would people recommend?

Also, what sites would people recommend for accessories etc? I wear dresses for work every day and need to think about how best to secure the the pump to me. I have been told that it will come with a remote control....

Thanks for your help!

iHs

Hi

Depending on what size of Veo pump you have (small cartridge or large) you can easily put the pump diagonal in your bra cup. I wear a wired padded bra and have no problems at all with putting the pump in my bra. It's never come out and is fairly secure and doesn't show either under tight fitting clothing. If you don't fancy the bra you can get hold of Spibelts which some people use. Littlesue (another pumer) also got hold of something that she said was really comfortable so bring up her messages and you will find the link she provided. A simple stretchy mobile phone sock or kids baby sock is ideal to put pump in. Lots of stuff can be used so dont spend a fortune.....

If you want to read up on pumps then Pumping Insulin by John Walsh is probably the best (look on eBay or Amazon).