Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Religion
Donald Trump
Hi All,

I'm new to you but have been lurking for about the last month or so.

I'm 38, type 2, diagnosed 7yrs ago and still learning!

I'm no angel when it has come to controlling my diabetes in the past and due to really not caring at one stage (hba1c 12.2% Nov 2008 - no idea what it was the previous 18 months when I wasn't testing/ seeing Dr!) have ended up with stage 1 CKD, though, thankfully, nothing else.

Currently on Metformin, Byetta, Simvastatin, Ramipril and Amlodipine. Was on Gliclazide but due to weightloss, reduced carbs and increased activity have managed to drop it. (Hurrah!)

I found this site by accident when trying to find some others experiences of Byetta (and have read all 127 pages btw) and am now hooked! (I just hope I don't bring down the standard with my ramblings! lol)

Take care and I hope to post again soon. (Assuming my phone plays ball)

Regards,
K

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Hi SL.
Welcome to the Forum. Well done for ploughing through all the Byetta thread.....an achievement in itself :D

I hope we might be able to benefit from your own experiences and if you have questions there is usually somebody around with an answer. As for ramblings.......nothing new here :lol:

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Hello SL - welcome to the forum now you've stopped lurking :) I lurked for months before I dared join in!

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Welcome to the forum SL! :)

Nigel

totsy