New to site

KimSuzanne

[:pHi all new to the site I'm a type 1 diabetic was dianosed in 1990 when I was seven. Had my pancreas removed in 1999 as well. ]

Kimmy

kareeta

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Being so high I can barely open my eyes :(
Welcome to the forum Kimmy

May I ask why your pancreas was removed?

Karen

KimSuzanne

I had my pancreas removed after 3 bouts of pancreatitis really painful I had half removed and 14 and the rest when I was 16.

Kimmy

kareeta

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Sorry to hear that Kimmy, sounds incredibly painful :(

How is your control now? Mine is never smooth but I am working on it!

Karen
Type 1 Since 1999
Levemir/Humalog

Control is pretty bad better lately my Hba1c is never low enough, tried so many different ways of eating and different regimes of insulin!
Currently on Lantus and Novarapid (4 injuections a day), possibility of being put on an insulin pump has been mentioned but I'm wary stuck in my ways!

kareeta

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hi Kimmy

My clinic have asked me 3 times now about a pump. I'm going to a User Group meeting tonight where everyone is Type 1, will be interesting! Three of the members have pumps so I will get a look at one finally! As much as injecting is sometimes a pain (no pun intended) it seems far less invasive to me than a pump so I will get lots of info tonight and report back :D

Karen
Type 1 Since 1999
Levemir/Humalog

KimSuzanne

Hi Karen
Some information would be great I had a 3 day monitor on once and I hated it so I wold like to know what other people think about them :D