New to the Forum

Martinabray

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Hi ,my name is Martina ,I am 57 years old and been married for nearly 40 years (child bride )
Iive in the UK and was born in London ,but have resided in West Sussex from the age of 4.
My glass is half full most of the time I would describe myself as fiery, generous and reliable.
I have four Siamese cats ( much to my husbands disgust !)
I use Microsoft & Apple , but will convert completely to Apple ASAP
I don't do sports, but have an allotment and 4 grandchildren.
I hate injustice- that makes me angry
I don't have any tattoos or piercings
I like most music - classical to rock ,but if I had to choose it would be Clannad, Andrea Bocelli ,Annie Lennox ,Phil Collins & Mick Hucknall.
I have a Hymer Motorhome -have camped all my life in tents ,trailer tents ,caravans and now in my dotage motorhomes.
- Ever been in love? -All the time
- Ever used fake tan? - occasionally
Toured all around USA - part business - lots of pleasure.Visited most of Europe.
San Francisco is my favourite city?
Are you wealthy? - comfortable enough to retire early
What do you like most about yourself? - I am always right
What do you like least about yourself? - I am always right

Reactions: 3 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hello and welcome to the forum:)

C

catherinecherub

Last edited:

Martinabray

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I have just started a low carb diet ....early days but previously a normal day would be about 400ml skimmed milk in total, Porridge made with water with a banana. Salad leaves , tomatoes,cucumber, beetroot, with feta cheese or chicken and a protein roll from Lidl. An orange or clementine as a snack. Lean meat ,vegetables ..cabbage ,beans ( but sometimes root veg). I have just been referred to a dietician ( appointment every three months )

Reactions: 2 people