1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

New to this Forum today.

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by acko, Mar 12, 2009.

1. acko

acko · Member

Hello,

Supposed to be working, but I have started looking at this forum and have joined.

Type 1 since I was 11 - now 42. My control is not what it should be HbA1c 9.1!

This has been too long like this now, and I am very impressed by the level of control and testing that a lot of you do. Hopefully by being part of this community for the first time I may help myself and others.

Pete

2. chocoholic

chocoholic · Well-Known Member

Hi acko and welcome aboard. Like you, I found it hugely impressive when I first joined this forum and it has certainly changed my life, as the advice is ten times better than I ever had from my so-called health-team.
    I hope you stay with us, as you'll not find a friendlier or more helpful bunch of people.
    All the best, chocoholic.

3. totsy

totsy Type 1 · Well-Known Member

hya pete,
    welcome to the forum, ive been here 10 mnths now and learnt more here than i had learnt in 4 yrs so stick around :D

4. Katharine

Katharine · Well-Known Member

Hi Pete,

Many forum members have normal or very near normal blood sugars from various methods. Most prominently, restricting the type and amount of carbohydrate in your diet can make a big difference. As an insulin user you can't just jump into this as you need to adjust your insulin downwards with each step in carb reduction.

You can learn more about this at the course at www.dsolve.com and from our members.

Welcome to the forum.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook