1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

NEW TO THIS FORUM

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by BIGXXH, Mar 21, 2013.

1. BIGXXH

BIGXXH · Member

Hi all

New to this forum please could somebody tell me how to find out if i have type1 or type2 i am on insulin and was told in hospital that i was type one since then my nurse tells m e i am type2 and i went to the hospital and they told me not to worry just to tell anybody that ask's say i have diabetes that to me don't seem to be very constructive if i have a turn when i am out and about.

Thank You
    posting.php?mode=post&f=19# BIGXXHhttp://www.diabetes.co.uk/diabete ... post&f=19# :thumbup:

2. Squire Fulwood

Squire Fulwood Type 2 · Expert

It might not be very helpful if you have to notify the DVLA or your car insurers either.

I know I am not helping much but I found this. http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/7504.php

3. Robinredbreast

Robinredbreast Type 1 · Oracle

4. CambridgeLass

CambridgeLass · Well-Known Member

How shocking. I agree with the above - you are entitled to a proper diagnosis and I would complain to PALS about your treatment so this person can receive proper training and this doesn't happen again.
    Sorry to hear about your diagnosis though, lots of people here with experience to help out. Ask away when you have questions and try not to get too overwhelmed. First few days can feel like that.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

5. Gonna

Gonna Type 1 · Member

I have also had problems getting a specific diagnosis. This is because the cause was a result of 'severe acute pancreatitis'. I was in hospital for a month - including one week in intensive care - and was making a good recovery. When I left hospital just before Christmas I couldn't walk without a frame or climb stairs. I had progressed to walking a mile a day and climbing stairs unaided so thought I had escaped complications. Two weeks ago I was back in hospital on an insulin drip. My pancreas had stopped producing insulin. They also found pseudocysts which bring along some more problems. So, type 1 or type 2? No-one seems to know. I'm injecting insulin 4 times a day. I think I'm nearest Type 1 even though the cause is different from most. What do you think? Anne

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook