NEW TO THIS FORUM

BIGXXH

Hi all

New to this forum please could somebody tell me how to find out if i have type1 or type2 i am on insulin and was told in hospital that i was type one since then my nurse tells m e i am type2 and i went to the hospital and they told me not to worry just to tell anybody that ask's say i have diabetes that to me don't seem to be very constructive if i have a turn when i am out and about.

Thank You
posting.php?mode=post&f=19# BIGXXHhttp://www.diabetes.co.uk/diabete ... post&f=19# :thumbup:

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
BIGXXH said:
Hi all

New to this forum please could somebody tell me how to find out if i have type1 or type2 i am on insulin and was told in hospital that i was type one since then my nurse tells m e i am type2 and i went to the hospital and they told me not to worry just to tell anybody that ask's say i have diabetes that to me don't seem to be very constructive if i have a turn when i am out and about.

Thank You
posting.php?mode=post&f=19# BIGXXHhttp://www.diabetes.co.uk/diabete ... post&f=19# :thumbup:

It might not be very helpful if you have to notify the DVLA or your car insurers either.

I know I am not helping much but I found this. http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/7504.php

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
BIGXXH said:
Hi all

Thank You
posting.php?mode=post&f=19# BIGXXHhttp://www.diabetes.co.uk/diabete ... post&f=19# :thumbup:[/quote

Hello and welcome :wave:

So sorry to hear of your diagnosis, what a horrible situation to be left in? :roll: Type 1 is when your pancreas has stopped working completely, or as I have said, mine died the death and I have to have insulin to live and type 2 is where your pancreas still has some function which can be managed by diet alone, diet and tablet medication and also with some insulin.

Type 1 diagnosis can be critical to that person and they could need urgent hospital care. The best thing would be to go back and get a proper diagnosis,as there is MODY/LADA as well. I hope you can find out ASAP. Try not to worry too much, but in the meantime you can get advice and support from lots of members here.

All the best RRB

CambridgeLass

How shocking. I agree with the above - you are entitled to a proper diagnosis and I would complain to PALS about your treatment so this person can receive proper training and this doesn't happen again.
Sorry to hear about your diagnosis though, lots of people here with experience to help out. Ask away when you have questions and try not to get too overwhelmed. First few days can feel like that.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Gonna

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I have also had problems getting a specific diagnosis. This is because the cause was a result of 'severe acute pancreatitis'. I was in hospital for a month - including one week in intensive care - and was making a good recovery. When I left hospital just before Christmas I couldn't walk without a frame or climb stairs. I had progressed to walking a mile a day and climbing stairs unaided so thought I had escaped complications. Two weeks ago I was back in hospital on an insulin drip. My pancreas had stopped producing insulin. They also found pseudocysts which bring along some more problems. So, type 1 or type 2? No-one seems to know. I'm injecting insulin 4 times a day. I think I'm nearest Type 1 even though the cause is different from most. What do you think? Anne

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App