New Toy...the results are in

Tangoman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Got given a blood glucose meter on Wednesday and measured 11 ish at first attempt. Since then I've been trying to eat low carb food all the time and since thursday I've not only lost 4lbs but also my evening blood glucose levels have been 8.2 / 7.1 / 6.0 / 4.9. I was really chuffed with the first 3 (being type 2), but when I went below 5 I started to wonder...

Am I doing something a bit too extreme with low carbs, low fat etc? Surely red wine doesn't lower the reading that much?! lol!

R

Dennis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
People who join web forums to be agressive and cause trouble
Hi Tangoman,

That's a pretty drastic drop. How many carbs are you eating per meal, and how many approximately were you eating previously?

saz1

That's a good drop! Very similar thing happened to me when I started to restrict my carbs just after diagnosis 6 weeks ago. My blood sugars were running between 7 and 9 and 24 hrs after starting low carbing, 6.1, 48 hours 4.2. Both were evening readings and I still get some variation but 98% of the time stay under 6.9 which is fab! Having numbers in 4s isn't bad, thats where they stay mostly in nondiabetics!

Tangoman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm sure my readings fluctuate during the day, but I'm only reading 2 hours after my evening meal. I'll keep an eye open though.
I'm quite pleased with how easy it was to drop out of the zone around 10. If I think about it I've just cut out the sugary squash, white bread, white pasta, cakes, chocolate, doughnuts, pasties...and most of all big portions and second helpings. I seem to have developed an obsession with food labelling...Aaargh...I'm a food anorak!
Takes a lot of willpower but I'm getting used to it!

Dennis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
People who join web forums to be agressive and cause trouble
Hi Tangoman,

Welcome to the Society of Anorak Diabetics, or SADos as we are sometines known!

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Dennis said:
Hi Tangoman,

Welcome to the Society of Anorak Diabetics, or SADos as we are sometines known!

:lol: :lol: :lol: That just cracks me up! :lol: :lol: :lol: