New

jollyrambler

Hi everyone this is my first post,even though i have been a member for a few months.I am type 2 & have been for 11 yrs.I just started on Humalin I insulin in july.I take 160 units @ bedtime & 60 units @ breafast & my levels are still in the late teens.My nurse says she will change my insulin in Dec when she sees me next.My levels did come down to single figures ,but have just gone up again over the last 2 wks & i have nothing more wrong with me these past 2 wks.
I also inject in my abdomen & my injection sites are very sore,also i tried my thighs & they was even worse.Anyone got any tips to stop this.Usually i am not bothered about injections.I look forward to you replies thanks John :(

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Hi John - welcome to the forum although you're not very new as you joined just after me! :) I had been lurking for a long time though. I am a type 2 as well but don't have to inject - yet. Somebody who does will soon be along to give you tips though.

jollyrambler

Thanks very much for your greeting Daisy.I will look forward to my replies from our fellow members.I hope to be able to give advice to others. :D as well.

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
No not all T2's end up injecting by any means. It depends on your BG levels and control and its not always possible to get them down without having to inject any of a variety of medications. Or take oral medication as you do. Injecting is certainly not inevitable. Often you don't need any medication at all. I shouldn't have said "yet" in my post as it gave the wrong impression. :shock: Sorry to scare you unnecessarily. :)

A

Anonymous

Hi jollyrambler.

I'm T2 but not on insulin so can't help you there, but a warm welcome. :)

Chrissy2k

Hi Jollyrambler,
I too am a type 2 on insulin, and I know what you mean about sore injection sites, I inject into my abdomen and it gets very sore. Have you tried injecting into your upper arm? It's not a very easy place to inject into, but if you sit down and press the back of your arm onto the back of the chair it should force the muscle and fat to come forward and make injecting into the right bit much easier, I hope this works for you, it's not nice having sore injection sites, I inject 5x a day, so I do know where you are coming from. I hope this has been helpful :?

Chrissy

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
Hi John and welcome to the forum, I'm T2 on oral meds and diet, but I used to use insulin.

I don't recall suffering any soarness, perhaps I was lucky but I did move my injection sites about a lot. I was injecting 4 times a day and I imagined eight spots ranging from my belly button to my, erm shall we say my love handles :D And every injection I took was a couple of inches apart and I alternated so one day I injected on my right side on a line just above my belly button and the next day I would do the same on the left. The third day I would swap sides again but also inject along a line just bellow my belly button etc etc etc

I was told that if you inject constantly in the same places you can run into problems. Hope this is some help :D

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
hya john and a warm welcome :D