1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Newbie, 31 neurodiverse type 2!

Discussion in 'Greetings and Introductions' started by DiabeticDaddy, Dec 19, 2021.

1. DiabeticDaddy

DiabeticDaddy · Member

Hello,

Want to stay anon on here for work reasons but I’m 31 and neurodiverse autism and ADHD I’m currently on 4 metformin and looking to begin a low carb lifestyle in the new year to help me get my sugars under control. I’m 28 stone and find the management of all thus quite over whelming I’ve already posted in another thread and got some great ideas. Just wanted to introduce myself anyway

BestWishes
    DiabeticDaddy

• Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Hug Hug x 1
  2. EllieM

EllieM Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Welcome to the forums @DiabeticDaddy .

Hopefully the low carb will help your weight as well as your blood sugar levels (weight gain is a side effect of T2).

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Widgets

Widgets Prediabetes · Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome to the forums! You are definitely in the right place.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Outlier

Outlier · Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome. You'll find lots of help and support here from people who have actual experience of the issues.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. SaskiaKC

SaskiaKC Type 2 · Expert

Hello and welcome!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. cynetique

cynetique Type 2 · Active Member

7. VashtiB

VashtiB Type 2 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Hello and welcome.

I'm a wife and parent of four neurodiverse people and coincidentally ADHD (and ADD for one) and autism for all. So I do get that life can be that much more challenging.

The good thing that I have found about a low carb diet is that there are less food options and I am coming closer to being just a carnivore. That has made cooking a bit simpler as much less complicated recipes for my food. So there is real hope.

Keep reading and posting we are here to listen and help if possible.

Welcome and good luck.

• Like Like x 2
  8. coby

coby Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Welcome to the place where your journey begins :) We all came here with either weight issues or other health or social problems so are the best people to support you hopefully. You really will not regret joining our friendly forum and there is always someone who has tackled things that you may tackle along the way. I wish you a happy and healthier 2022 x

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. AspieMum

AspieMum Type 2 · Member

I am autistic and probably have ADHD too. My 3 young adult kids are also autistic and my twins are also ADHD.

• Creative Creative x 1
  10. Alexandra100

Alexandra100 Prefer not to say · Well-Known Member

@VashtiB yes, and food shopping is so much simpler and quicker too. In this time of Covid, it's great to be in and out of the few supermarket aisles I visit in a heartbeat!

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook