Nattinoo

Hi Everyone :D

I'm new here...I have been a type 2 since February 06 - diagnosed at age 35. Initially I was prescribed metformin but had major reactions to it. I was then switched to rosiglitazone, which was great initially but it was too strong and I gained a lot of weight (especially around my middle!) :shock: and was eating just to stave off hypos. Since February 07 I have been following a low G.I diet, which has kept my levels reasonably steady - hBA1c result of 6.7 in November 07. 8)

I am a full time student, married, with a 13 year old son. I also work 20 hours a week, as well as studying and running a home so life is pretty hectic and stressful!

I am hoping to post pretty regularly and look forward to meeting you! :D

Nat

Dennis

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
People who join web forums to be agressive and cause trouble
Hi Nat and welcome,

Ignore Bob - us other part-timers will look after you!

Your HBA1C is pretty good. Do I take it that you are maintaining that level without any medication?

Nattinoo

HI Bob & Dennis

Thanks for the welcome :D

Part-timer huh? Never heard type 2 described that way before :eek:

I have been managing to maintain my levels just on the Low G.I diet, yes, although for the last few weeks my levels have been higher as I have been leading a very stressful life - Uni, work, home, etc, etc! My next hBA1c is due in about a weeks time and I am expecting a call back from the surgery for them to slap my wrists! My glucometer 14 day average is currently 8.4 :shock: , which is not very good at all, but I am hoping once all my Uni classes and work are over in 2 weeks time they may settle down again....