Newcastle Diet .. again!

Momblegoose

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Have started the Newcastle Diet today, for the second time .. failed the first time round.

I am mentally ready now, I believe, and just want to use this thread to keep a record of my progress.

Paul1976

Dislikes
The puzzle that is Asperger syndrome that I still can't fit together.
+1 Hope it goes well for you! :wink: I have nothing but admiration for people who stick to this diet for 56 days and it does seem to yield some very good results! :thumbup:

Defren

I wish you all the luck in the world. As a graduate of the Newcastle diet, I know it works. I have my own diary on the weight loss forum, where I posted each day of what was going on, it really made a difference to me, to be able to do that. I will support anyone who does this diet, as it really is a great way to lose weight and get those BG's down. It's not for everyone I accept that, but I plan doing it every single January, because it works for me.

Good on ya!!

catza

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Count me in on the Support Squad as well. Best of luck and I shall be looking out for your progress reports Momblegoose.

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Good luck with it
Hana

Momblegoose

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
DAY 1

Breakfast
Pre BG --- + 2 hours ---

Lunch
Pre BG --- + 2 hours 8.3

Dinner
Pre BG 8.2 + 2 hours 8.0

Momblegoose

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Attn mods:

Please can you move this thread to the weight loss forum?
Thanks.

Defren

Well done, you watch those numbers tumble as time goes by.

What shakes are you using? I used Atkins, as they are lower carb, but I know people had success on most of the shakes out there.

catza

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Are you just having the Slimfast Momblegoose or are you adding vegetables as in the original ND?

Patch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I used the Optislim shakes when I did it. The consistency is very different to Slimfast - I'm not sure if they are similar products. Slimfast was more like a gel/slime/thick shake kind of thing, and optislim was more like a milky shake.

If that makes sense?

Defren

Momblegoose said:
Hi Defren

I am using Slimfast, made up with water.

Thanks Momble. I used water as well, but there again while I do have dairy in my diet, I don't have milk.

Like Catza I am curious, are you crazy like I was and just having shakes? I did for the first four weeks, then I added 200g of veg and also a small piece of protein a day, for the last four weeks. I found that I was better doing just shakes, once I added a meal I suddenly felt quite deprived. When I do my annual January clear out I will do just shakes, no food for the month.

Keep on keeping on, you're doing great. :clap: :clap:

Momblegoose

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
catza said:
Are you just having the Slimfast Momblegoose or are you adding vegetables as in the original ND?

Hi Catza ..

Am having home-made tomato soup (as per their recipe) in the evening, makes me feel a little less deprived then when everyone else is eating!

Momblegoose

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Patch said:
I used the Optislim shakes when I did it. The consistency is very different to Slimfast - I'm not sure if they are similar products. Slimfast was more like a gel/slime/thick shake kind of thing, and optislim was more like a milky shake.

If that makes sense?

Hi Patch ..

I have used Optislim before and I do prefer them to be honest, the flavour is so much nicer. However, the Slimfast is ok, the consistency is quite good if you make it up with water instead of skimmed milk. Downside is that the taste is definitely not as good as the Optislim or the regular Slimfast but I can cope with that!

Momblegoose

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Defren said:
Momblegoose said:
Hi Defren

I am using Slimfast, made up with water.

Thanks Momble. I used water as well, but there again while I do have dairy in my diet, I don't have milk.

Like Catza I am curious, are you crazy like I was and just having shakes? I did for the first four weeks, then I added 200g of veg and also a small piece of protein a day, for the last four weeks. I found that I was better doing just shakes, once I added a meal I suddenly felt quite deprived. When I do my annual January clear out I will do just shakes, no food for the month.

Keep on keeping on, you're doing great. :clap: :clap:

I am having tomato soup every evening at the moment as it keeps me going! There are 7 of us, me, hubby and 5 kids and cooking for them, watching them eat is a KILLER .. my soup makes me feel a little less deprived and alienated.

Thanks Defren .. your support really means a lot. :D I watched your ND progress with great interest and to be honest, it was your thread that finally made me determind to give it another go.

Momblegoose

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am into Day 3 now of the ND and am having some really weird BG's. Yesterday they were higher than Day 1 and this morning, well, they were really high. I feel lousy, LOL and I keep getting migraine's but I know that this is just temporary, while I am adjusting.

DAY 2

Breakfast
Pre BG 9.4 + 2 hours 9.3

Lunch
Pre BG 9.5 + 2 hours 9.1

Dinner
Pre BG 9.1 + 2 hours 8.9

Will add today's results tomorrow but will just say that this morning I have gone from 11.6 to 10.7 to 7.5.

catza

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
To-days reading look really promising Momble. That 7.5 is sooooo much better and must give you a real lift. :thumbup: