Newcastle Diet for Weight Loss

londoner2k

Hi,

I started the Newcastle Diet today for weight loss.I would like to lose 16kgs overall but I would be happy if I lose about 10kgs in the next two months. My current BMI is 27.1 and I would like to bring that down to nearer 20. As a result, I hope my blood pressure, which is currently 141/74, should become a little normal.

I am using SlimFast (strawberry) with water (not skimmed milk). It tastes okay but I will try some of the other flavours to see if they are any better.

I would like to say that I have not been diagnosed with diabetes so that is not the reason I am doing it.
I have read some of the other threads on NewcastleDiet/study and they have been of great help. I will try my best to follow the diet as accurately as I can and will post results, mainly my weight loss, bmi and bp in the coming weeks.

Any comments, suggestions and guidance welcome. If you are going to be negative please be gentle.

Defren

You will lose an incredible amount of weight, BUT I wouldn't recommend the diet for that. The ND was intended to help diabetics gain better control not as a weight loss plan. I Have a diary on here from when I did it, and I say in there, this is not a good idea for weight loss alone. Does your GP Know you are attempting this? Mine didn't initially but then I felt it right he should be in the loop and he looked after me throughout. My GP is really forward thinking, and knowing the ND was designed for diabetics, he was not 100% happy, but agreed to me doing it so long as I promised to stop if I ever felt ill. Luckily I didn't and I did it 'till the end. Please rethink this, there are liquid weight loss plans around such as the Cambridge diet etc, this is a diet for diabetics!