Newcastle diet on TV

jaycee33

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
carraway said:
I watched it!

How are you doing now?

In the last month my BG has come down from the high teens to an average of 5.1 before meals and 6.3 after with an average of 6.0 fasting.
I feel a lot fitter and can now cope easily on 50 carbs (could still murder fish and chips).My eyesight is better and have got rid of night cramps and itching on my legs,so all in all it`s been a success thanks to this forum and Dr Bernstein.

John

carraway

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
Thanks for the update. I'm really tempted to try it when my children are back at school and I'm in a routine.

Do you stick to a low carb diet now? Any cheating? Any words of wisdom for sticking to the diet/

Great results. I'm particularly impressed that symptoms have improved as well as BG numbers.

Hope you continue to improve!

Mongoose39uk

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Sprouts
I can say this, day 9 and the last two days have been very windy!

carraway

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
Mongoose - what are your BG numbers and weightloss so far? How are you finding it?

Mongoose39uk

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Sprouts
Mornings tended to be between 7.5 and 9 before I started. Today was 5.6mmol/L.

Weight loss for the first week was 8lbs. I went from 12st 10lb to 12st 2lb.

Occasional hunger in the evenings. But no weakness or constipation or other problems that were reported.

I swim 1km each morning apart from Mondays which is my rest day. Plus walking etc.

jaycee33

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I am sticking to 50 carbs as I want to lose another stone or so and I have not cheated once-much to my surprise!
It is easy for me since I gave up the booze and fags as after a night out I could be found with my head in the fridge or with a face full of choccy.Now the temptations are easy to ignore-no more munchies.
It all seems so easy now but when winter comes will I still keep away from comfort foods? Hopefully I will carry on on low carbs as it has to become a way of life and not a passing fad.
Give it a try-it gets easier the longer you do it.