Newcastle diet to start

dt2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Hi,

I am new to this forum. I am a type 2 diabetic for 7 years now. I am very much interested in New castle diet programme.

I know my question has been asked many time on this forum but I need the answer/help from experienced people.

I am bit confused which shake I have to use to start this? Which one is good for as close to this research.

Optifast is not accessible in UK and if available its very expensive. Others are little but high in sugar content.

Slim-fast (sugar content high)
Asda/Tesco shakes
Weight and shake
Slim and save

Or any other to go for? Can anyone guide me which shake to go for to take the benefit of this diet.

thanks in advance.

TyTy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Not much
Hi welcome to the forum , I was diagnosed with type 2 in April this year , I on day 15 of the diet , I have been using shake that weight they reasonably priced

brettsza

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi and welcome. I finished ND on shake that weight too.
I agree it is sweet and hated sweet things all my life so does not help but they are not all that bad, exante is another option i saw after I had bought shake that weight.

Reactions: 2 people

yvonne49

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Glucose spikes
Could you use Atkins shakes if you want to cut the sugar content?

dt2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
hi Yvonne,

I think in Atkins diet mineral or vitamns content not been used if I am not wrong, read in this forum so not interested in Atkins diet.

thanks,

yvonne49

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Glucose spikes
Thanks,yeah I saw they don't add vitamins etc like the other shakes do

RobOwen

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi, I started on the ND on 23rd April and am now nearly 6 weeks in. I use the Exante products both for variety and simplicity in terms of calorie counting and nutritional completeness. Once I've completed 8 weeks I plan to migrate on to a low-carb lifestyle to lose any further weight and then maintain a target weight. So far I've lost over 2 stones with about another 10lbs to go.

This thread started by @geordie90 in March is a useful read for some of our experiences and may answer many of your questions or concerns.

Reactions: 4 people

scottish-jim

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm on my second go at the Newcastle Diet. At first I was using the Asda Meal Replacement Shake but changed over to the Tesco Ultra Slim Shake. They work better for me as they come in individual sachets. I was having problems getting the Asda on at my local store.
Don't worry too much about the apparent high sugars as it's the total carbs you go by. And they are only 200 calories per serving.

I mix mine with water not milk.

Good luck

http://groceries.asda.com/asda-webs...s-d1-_-asdacom-dsk-_-hp#/product/910001038581

http://www.tesco.com/groceries/product/details/?id=276141836

HillyO

I have been advised by the hospital to speak to my GP about going on the NC diet. I was lead to believe it is available on prescription??