Newcastle Regime: One Week In

I shoot Nikons

I'm now five days in to the Newcastle plan and have been quite surprised with how easy it's been to follow so far. I started out with Slimfast shakes, but have just swapped over to the Asda Measure Up variety. Not as tasty as the Slimfast brand, slightly too gooey and limited to just three flavours, - if you can count the Cafe Latte as fit for human consumption - yeah let's change that to limited to two flavours. The reason for the change is that the Asda shakes seem to be nutritionally superior and allows you to completely eliminate added dairy.

The only difficulty, I find, comes with trying to find ever more inventive was to incorporate te extra 200 calories daily. In itself it's a pretty simple task, but there are many, many pitfalls waiting to snare you. For example; if you choose to have a soup for lunch then this can easily take away well over half of your alloted calories, so you are going to have to be very tight with your evening meal. You could of course make a very light consommé which would be less calorific, but is far from satisfying when your body is in near starvation-mode. It will take a bit of experimentation to find what works best to suit your individual circumstance.

The one downside for me is the problem with my leg. I fear that I won't get the full benefit of the plan with such limited mobility, but we shall see as things progress I suppose.

Start Date 29/03/12

Weight: 144kg (317.5lbs)
Waist: 54"

geordie90

Dislikes
serious people
I shoot i think a lot of it is that our minds are conditioned to think of food etc, after a couple of weeks i didnt think about it anywhere near as much.

Keep going, take photographs to show progress and its only two months, then second phase, maintenance and further weight loss, you will have blips etc but put them behind you and focus on the goal.

I shoot Nikons

Day 6/56

Still going strong despite ZERO support from my family. My BG reading this morning was 8.8 which is fairly disappointing, but I can't do as much exercise as is required so I can't really expect miracles. I'm just going to have to start strength training and a bit of static boxing I think.

Weigh in day tomorrow.

geordie90

Dislikes
serious people
I shoot....dont be dissappointed m8 your six days in thats nothing wait until your three weeks in and your bgs are around 5-6.

Its difficult when family dont help but at end of day its you whos putting food in, dont give in to their ambivilence(dont know if thats spelled correctly) just think of the end goal and how good you will look and feel.

C

I shoot Nikons

Yeah I suppose you're right mate. Unfortunately I tend to act like an impatient child. :lol: :oops:

That's my view on it too, I just wish they'd bu**er off with their bacon sandwhiches is all!! lol

geordie90

Dislikes
serious people
Just think though m8 whenb your done you can have as much bacon as you want, grilled of course but no bread lol

My mouth is watering now, im going to have a cup of herbal tea and believe it is bacon flavoured lol

I shoot Nikons

This evening is a tough one. I wish I could get out for a walk or something, anything just to get me away from the kitchen!! Away for a soak in the bath to see if that helps.