1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Newly Diagnosed Adults

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by Jen&Khaleb, Mar 5, 2012.

1. Jen&Khaleb

Jen&Khaleb · Well-Known Member

2. ebony321

ebony321 · Well-Known Member

Hi,

I could read that fine, skim read a few pages and that does look very good. I'll tempt people to have a look by saying number 10 was my favourite :wink:

3. phoenix

phoenix Type 1 · Expert

That is excellent.
    Interesting story of a young woman doing the Australian travel thing who was diagnosed in Iceland.
    I have an Australian friend that I met on the pump course. She lives here with now but she already had T1 when she started backpacking round the world.I think it took a lot of guts (or foolhardiness) to travel in places like Vietnam and rural India when you're insulin dependant.

4. shop

shop · Well-Known Member

Very interesting and yes Ebony I agree point 10 is so true. :roll:

5. Becca

Becca · Active Member

Thanks for posting this - it's really good. Nice and clear and optimistic and practical. My younger brother has just been diagnosed with Type One (there's two of us in the family now) and have passed it on to him. Hopefully it'll make those first few mind-wrecking weeks go easier. :shock:

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook