1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Newly diagnosed- blurry eyes

Discussion in 'Parents' started by jasperc, Feb 16, 2013.

1. jasperc

jasperc · Active Member

8 days in and everything is freaking me out- my 9 year old is saying his eyesight is going a bit blurry. I'm sure the doctor mentioned this could happen at the beginning, but any reassurance would be much appreciated :(

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

2. ewelina

ewelina Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Thats true. After diagnosis I had to stay home for 2 weeks becauce my vision was so bad. Nobody mentioned anything about it at the hospital so i was really scared. It will get back to normal soon so dont worry. Your sons body is adapting to low levels now

3. jasperc

jasperc · Active Member

4. carb-counting-mum

carb-counting-mum · Well-Known Member

Hi,

Try not to worry (hard to do, I know!). My 8-year old developed blurry vision for a little while, very shortly after diagnosis. This scared me to death, but apparently quite common due to the high blood sugars she would have had for a long time. It soon settled down.
    x

5. jayne15

jayne15 · Well-Known Member

not sure about blurry eyes but Meg was very clumsy pre diagnosis dropping everything thing and spilling drinks drove me crazy I remember getting cross with her-feel guilty now as since starting insulin she hasn't dropped a thing. you-ll probably find a lot of things that wasn't quite right pre diagnosis now improve.

6. jasperc

jasperc · Active Member

Thanks everyone. Another question- when you check during the night do your children wake up?

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

7. jayne15

jayne15 · Well-Known Member

8. carb-counting-mum

carb-counting-mum · Well-Known Member

My daughter doesn't wake up during the night, I think a lot of kids sleep right through.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook