Newly diagnosed- blurry eyes

jasperc

8 days in and everything is freaking me out- my 9 year old is saying his eyesight is going a bit blurry. I'm sure the doctor mentioned this could happen at the beginning, but any reassurance would be much appreciated :(

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

ewelina

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thats true. After diagnosis I had to stay home for 2 weeks becauce my vision was so bad. Nobody mentioned anything about it at the hospital so i was really scared. It will get back to normal soon so dont worry. Your sons body is adapting to low levels now

carb-counting-mum

Hi,

Try not to worry (hard to do, I know!). My 8-year old developed blurry vision for a little while, very shortly after diagnosis. This scared me to death, but apparently quite common due to the high blood sugars she would have had for a long time. It soon settled down.
x

jayne15

not sure about blurry eyes but Meg was very clumsy pre diagnosis dropping everything thing and spilling drinks drove me crazy I remember getting cross with her-feel guilty now as since starting insulin she hasn't dropped a thing. you-ll probably find a lot of things that wasn't quite right pre diagnosis now improve.