Newly diagnosed GD at 35+3 weeks.

GDMum

Type of diabetes
Gestational
Treatment type
Other
Hi all, I have been newly diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes very late in pregnancy. Have suspected for a long time that I had it, but blood test at 28 weeks was borderline. Hospital said I didn't need to do anything, so carried on with same diet as normal. In essence, lots of healthy aspects, few bad habits (chocolate!!) Had a private scan at 29 and 31 weeks pregnant and baby measured 3lb 3oz on first, and 4lb 13 oz on second. Hence hotfoot back to midwife who re-referred for another GTT which confirmed GD. (Had previously had loads of symptoms, including large baby who became stuck-traumatic birth but before routing GTT, therefore can't say for certain whether I had GD then too) My problem is am so late in pregnancy this time around unsure what to do for best from now? Have first appt with Diabetes clinic next Tuesday, and have been advised that will see consultant week after. Midwife advised me hospital don't do routine ultrasound so unsure how they will track size of the baby now (worried!) and am measuring larger than I should be (38 weeks fundal height). I'm very much feeling unheard, no concrete advice, guessing on my own meal planner (although internet helping) yet possibly 2 weeks until I see consultant. Will I be induced then do you think?? Doesn't give me a lot of time to get my head around everything and learn what works for me/baby. I've always exercised moderately - currently walking a lot and yoga. Has anyone been in a similar position?? All wisdom very welcome. x