Newly diagnosed type 2

Sutherlandlass

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello folks, I got my diagnosis for type 2 on 15th January, it's still taking some getting used to the idea that I actually have it! I have been doing so much research on Diabetes. Co.UK and Diabetes my way (Scotland's own website) Wow.. There's so much to take in isn't there?!
Looking forward to being able to chat with folks and offering as well as gaining support.
Carol ☺

Reactions: 3 people

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hi @Sutherlandlass and welcome to the forum! It does take a bit of time to get your head around it all. But there is a lot of good advice and support on here.

IvorBarnett

Hi. Sunderlandlass
Like you, I was diagnosed in January with type 2. Like you, I'm finding it a lot of getting used to. I havn't tried Diabetes My Way yet. It sounds like a Frank Sinatra song. My wife is from Washington so we're related in some kind of weird way. Have you got a blood/glucose monitor? Mine came this morning and I've just done my first test. 7.9 . I'm happy with that, I think.
I put the management all down to some daily fun, what, with all the carb calculations and the rest.
Keep it up
Ivor

Reactions: 2 people

Sutherlandlass

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for your welcome messages folks. The Scottish website, that my g.p. told me to do my research on is, www.mydiabetesmyway.scot.nhs.uk it says that I can access my records, so hopefully I can keep a better understanding of how I am progressing or not, as the case maybe?!
My g.p. allowed me to have a meter straight away due to my problems with anxiety, I am sure that if I couldn't keep an eye on my readings, I would be worrying about the highs and possible lows. Thankfully the meter stops me worrying about that, I feel that the unknown is a far more scary prospect than being able to act immediately on the results of your tests. My reading was 7.1 this morning!
Because I stay in a very remote area of the Highlands, there's no proper Diabetic clinic as such, so one of my g.p's practice nurses is trained to know what to look for. I had my first "clinic" appt. with her last week, she checked my feet, my weight, my height, by could not repeat my bloods as it was less than a month since my HBA1C was checked. It was 52.

Reactions: 2 people