newly started insulin, change of taste

EmmyW1984

Type of diabetes
Gestational
I'm 25 (almost 26) weeks pregnant and started 6 units of humulin insulin on Friday with my evening meal (increased to 8 units last night) as well as my usual 1000mg of metformin with lunch and my evening meal that I was started on earlier in my pregnancy

Yesterday I noticed that I can't eat sweet things without a revolting taste in my mouth. I can't seem to put my finger on what it tastes like, but everything sweet just tastes off to me. Savoury is totally fine and tastes normal

I was just wondering if this is common, will it go back to normal or could it be down to something else that I'm taking (I started clexane the same day due to my bmi)? I thought I would ask here and see if anyone has had similar

Thanks in advance :)

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@EmmyW1984 I'm not sure what could be causing that, but I had a strange taste in my mouth a few times during pregnancy and would suddenly go off certain foods. So it could just be pregnancy-related.

If it's concerning you, maybe you could check with your doctor in case it is one of the drugs. I take insulin (I'm Type 1) and I've never noticed a taste from that. Ivf also taken Clexane and, although I felt 'different' taking it (just vague feelings of slight dizziness or just not feeling quite myself) I dont remember any strange taste.