NHS Doctor advice on Twitter @heartofengland

Hello,

due to the upcoming World Diabetes Day, Heart of England NHS Trust is providing a fortnight of doctor advice on Twitter. Please join us and Dr Taheri to raise awarness of diabetes from the 1st till the 14th of November. We welcome any questions, concerns or personal stories that might help others.

Follow us @heartofengland.

ladybird64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Dishonesty, selfishness and lack of empathy.
I'm afraid I'm not on Twitter but would like to ask a question if possible.

What is the Trust's policy/advice on issuing meters and test strips to Type 2 diabetics for self testing?

Utility of glucose testing for all patients with type 2 #diabetes has been questioned. Testing should be individualised.

Setting up a Twitter account is really easy! Doctor Taheri along with a team of helpers will be on call all day, why don't you join in and ask him a question.

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
Grazer said:
heartofengland said:
Utility of glucose testing for all patients with type 2 #diabetes has been questioned.

Questioned by who?

By cost cutting bean counters Grazer, certainly not by diabetics who need to test to control their bg levels, theres no other way to know if you are keeping within the NICE recommended levels is there? Well theres witchcraft I suppose but not everyone has a crystal ball :roll:

borofergie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Racism, Sexism, Homophobia
heartofengland said:
Utility of glucose testing for all patients with type 2 #diabetes has been questioned. Testing should be individualised.

+1 Sid

Hmmmm, another NHS HCP dolling out bad advice.

Haven't tweeted for ages, but I'm always up for "a friendly discussion" with the misinformed.

storm

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I think it's unhelpful that my Doctor refuses to prescribe my tests strips. I found the very useful in working out what foods effect me, and what quantities I can eat.

I'm still in the learning phase, but I'm now working out what combination of foods work for me.

I'm fortunate enough to be able to afford them, but many people will not. It seems unfair to me