1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

NHS Doctor advice on Twitter @heartofengland

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by heartofengland, Oct 31, 2011.

1. heartofengland

heartofengland · Newbie

Hello,

due to the upcoming World Diabetes Day, Heart of England NHS Trust is providing a fortnight of doctor advice on Twitter. Please join us and Dr Taheri to raise awarness of diabetes from the 1st till the 14th of November. We welcome any questions, concerns or personal stories that might help others.

Follow us @heartofengland.

2. ladybird64

ladybird64 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I'm afraid I'm not on Twitter but would like to ask a question if possible.

What is the Trust's policy/advice on issuing meters and test strips to Type 2 diabetics for self testing?

3. heartofengland

heartofengland · Newbie

Utility of glucose testing for all patients with type 2 #diabetes has been questioned. Testing should be individualised.

Setting up a Twitter account is really easy! Doctor Taheri along with a team of helpers will be on call all day, why don't you join in and ask him a question.

4. Grazer

Grazer · Well-Known Member

Questioned by who?

5. Sid Bonkers

Sid Bonkers Type 2 · Well-Known Member

By cost cutting bean counters Grazer, certainly not by diabetics who need to test to control their bg levels, theres no other way to know if you are keeping within the NICE recommended levels is there? Well theres witchcraft I suppose but not everyone has a crystal ball :roll:

6. Grazer

Grazer · Well-Known Member

Agree, but I'm interested to see if "heart of England" reply

7. borofergie

borofergie Type 2 · Well-Known Member

+1 Sid

Hmmmm, another NHS HCP dolling out bad advice.

Haven't tweeted for ages, but I'm always up for "a friendly discussion" with the misinformed.

8. storm

storm Type 2 · Member

I think it's unhelpful that my Doctor refuses to prescribe my tests strips. I found the very useful in working out what foods effect me, and what quantities I can eat.

I'm still in the learning phase, but I'm now working out what combination of foods work for me.

I'm fortunate enough to be able to afford them, but many people will not. It seems unfair to me

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook