NHS going to hell in a hand basket?

benniesmum

Dislikes
My Doc right now
Is the NHS falling apart or what?

Having denied me test strips, I just found out I don't get invited for the flu jab anymore. Apparently you have to guess when your surgery has the vaccine and call them to find out. No more letters inviting you to come. Bad enough for me, but for all the vulnerable people who don't remember or aren't persistent enough to hang on the phone until a receptionist answers, this could be vital.

Poodlelady

Dislikes
I dislike people who swear a lot, shout and are rude. I dislike people who tell me what I should and should not be doing when they haven't the first idea about Diabetes.
I was told (wrongly) by my doctor that I could only have 2 boxes of glucose test strips per month. I am type1 (late in life diagnosis). I then found out through a friend that this is not the case and as a diabetic you are entitled to as many test strips from the NHS via your doctor or hospital as you need. It is illegal for them to deny you the test strips as diabetes can be dangerous and you need to do your testing. So tell who ever told you that you couldn't have the test strips that they are on the wrong side of the law. You can also buy the test strips from chemists and you should not pay VAT. But why should you buy them in the first place? you did not ask to be diabetic and the NHS should be looking after you. Good luck

Dislikes
lying, cheating, thieving mp's. Mobile phones, supermarket culture and having corrupt sport rammed down my throat on a daily basis!
What exactly is an NHS doctor? Took mine 24 years to realise I was a diabetic and not suffering from "washing powder" syndrome! I was type 2 but put myself on a bread, veg, fruit diet and now have reversed diabetes.....suck that one doctor!!!

jumbleannie1VDJQ

Dislikes
Intolerance, airports, having to plan my meals
Reversed diabetes? On a bread,veg an fruit diet. Sure it says on your profile that u r type 1, or am I reading that wrong?

slimtony

My local NHS trust is currently recruiting "Logistical Handbasket Management Coordinators"

The advertisement also adds:
"A good knowledge of high-temperature subterranean exploration is essential".