Nice and Stable

Seano

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Brussels, People who can't do their jobs properly
Following on from my post "Readings Unstable" on July 10th I am now happy that everything is stable....albeit after another heart attack the day after that post, I contacted the diabetes department in the hospital, had a chat and spoke about the pro's and cons of going on insulin as my readings were going from 6-23, my meds were 3x500mg metformin and 1x5mg glibenclamide daily.

Over the next couple of days my readings started to stabalise around 8, so I wondered if my tester was on the fritz, what I didn't know was that the diabetes department had increased my glibenclamide to 2x5mg daily in light of my being not too keen on going to insulin, now 4 weeks on my readings are stable at 7-8.

What I want to know is, when really is the best time to test ? as i have had conflicting info from my DN also how many times a day ? as a T2 and finally I was refused surgery to release a trapped nerve in my elbow, which (was being done under nerve block) because during my pre surgical checks my glucose levels was 106%, now I know there is a chart that I can D/L from here which shows what daily BS tests equate to in %, unfortunately I have lost it from my favourites, can someone please point me to it, Thanks All.

Sean.

C

catherinecherub

Hi Sean

There is a conversion chart here,

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=ca ... O0kgBBomcw

Best times to test if you have plenty of strips is
1. On waking.
2 Before breakfast
3. 2hrs after breakfast.
5. Before lunch.
6. 2hrs after lunch.
7. Before dinner.
8. 2hrs after dinner
9 Before bed.

This equates to a lot of strips but it is the quickest way to see which foods are affecting your blood sugars. Once you get the hang of it and know what to avoid, it should become easier and you can cut back on the amount of testing.

Hope you are feeling better now,

Take care,

CC.