**Night shifts**Type 1 and tresiba

Courtz

I've just had to start doing night shifts at my work 10:00pm-6:00am, I would usually take my tresiba in the morning on a normal shift(injecting at Around 5:00am) so with this in my mind I carried on injecting at 5:00am then getting home then sleeping till around 14:00 however everytime without fail I would wake up to a severe hypo(2.3) so now I don't know what to do with the Injections do I skip a day each time because tresiba last 42 hours or?? Please help!!!

Muneeb

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Don't skip a day, although it is proclaimed to last 48 hours it won't. I would reduce your basal dosage. Also make sure you don't have fast acting on board from insulin near bedtime that is causing the lows.

Ushthetaff

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Mountain out of mole hill makers ,queues , crowds , shopping on a Saturday hmm just shopping I guess no matter what day it is
Hi I worked shifts for over 30 years , like you I was undecided what to do with night shifts , personally I took my what was then Lanctus at the same time as normal , I just use to take actrapid when I ate , as suggested might be worth dropping ur tresiba dosage a tad, or let your bs be a bit higher before bed and keep same dosage , it’s all a bit of trial and error at first but you will get it sorted .
Ps I could never have worked 9-5

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Don't miss a day with your Tresiba! If you do drop your insulin a unit or so, don't forget it will take around 3 days to register in your body, so careful when you stop the night shifts!

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Or you may want to think about changing to a more flexible basal insulin - levemir twice a day for example. Speak to your DSN or clinic if this is going to be a 'thing' from now on.