Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Re: Night time hypo?

Quite possible and the 8.1 reading is due to the rebound from the hypo (google Samoygi Effect/Phenomenon). Best that you monitor your bg over the next couple of nights to see what's going on.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people

sarah1282 said:
Thanks noblehead. What time is the best to check during the night

Sorry Sarah I missed your reply. I go to bed around 11pm so test at around 2 & 4am if I'm doing some basal testing, however the choice is yours, 2-3 times a night is sufficient enough.

ciaramoh

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump

Hiya

I'm 18 and suffer very very badly with hypos over night and the biggest problem is I don't feel them and my mum hears me fitting as a result I have to go to hospital.

If my blood is high before I go to bed I either don't insulin correct or half my correction.

I wake up at 1 am and 3 am to check my blood and if I am hypo the best treatment I have found is Gluco Juice and then wait 15 mins and check. They are more expensive than other hypo treatments but are helpful for very bad hypos. Would recommend them :)

Hope this helps

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1386623011.668167.jpg
    ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1386623011.668167.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 349

ciaramoh

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump

I am able to get them in Boots in England but sometimes you can't get them. If not I get them from Amazon. They are more expensive but they're good for severe hypos. :)

ciaramoh

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump

Yes they're hard to get, but I've had no problem with amazon. Hope it helps, any questions just ask. :)