night working

Curleous

Dislikes
bad manners and rudeness
Hi everyone

i have been diagnose type 1 for about 4 months ago and am controlling sugar levels ok with lantus 14 units and novorapid...last hb1ac 7.2 down from 12.8 after being diagnosed but only a 2 month test.

My job role may be changing and i may have to work 12 hour shifts in a tv operations room office. The job is not physical but i am concerned as i have never had to work 12 hour shifts let alone night shifts. Will this be do me any harm or are there things i can do to help with this. I will be working 4 nights of 12 hours then 3 days off then 3 days off then 3 days duty and 2 days off and then 3 nights and then 3 days off then 4 days duty and then 10 days off. I am interested to know if people think that whether this will have a detrimental effect on my bs control and should i alter the times of lantus etc.

Your thoughts Please

Thanks

Curleous

spooner

It's a difficult one and probably varies for each individual, but generally, routine is good and regular sleeping patterns help greatly with b/s control. I was working shifts when i was diagnosed and I soon realised that I had to change to a 9-5 job, which I did. Monitor yourself when you start this new shift pattern and see how you can manage it.