Nighttime hypoglycemia

ER880

Hi I have had T2 for 3 yrs and have never knowingly had a hypo. I have always sweated more than most for as long as I can remember but only from my head and butt/back of legs, I have noticed that I tend to wake up in a swimming pool during the night and have to get a towel to lay on, it's not hot in our room as the wife keeps pointing out :wink:
I have looked for information on Nighttime hypoglycemia and all the information points to having low BG but I have checked mine this morning (not that I can afford testing daily) and it is 10.6 which is a little higher than normal for me in the mornings but was expected as I had a few beers last night as it was my birthday, my readings when I have taken for a 2 week check in the past is a low of 5.4 and a high of 12.6 but with an average of 7.7.
Any help understanding this or how to adjust my diet to help would be great. :)

I'm on metformin S/R 2000mg
Linagliptin 5mg

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity
ER880 said:
Hi I have had T2 for 3 yrs and have never knowingly had a hypo. I have always sweated more than most for as long as I can remember but only from my head and butt/back of legs, I have noticed that I tend to wake up in a swimming pool during the night and have to get a towel to lay on, it's not hot in our room as the wife keeps pointing out :wink:
I have looked for information on Nighttime hypoglycemia and all the information points to having low BG but I have checked mine this morning (not that I can afford testing daily) and it is 10.6 which is a little higher than normal for me in the mornings but was expected as I had a few beers last night as it was my birthday, my readings when I have taken for a 2 week check in the past is a low of 5.4 and a high of 12.6 but with an average of 7.7.
Any help understanding this or how to adjust my diet to help would be great. :)

I'm on metformin S/R 2000mg
Linagliptin 5mg

Ditto :roll: Night sweats, loo trips, waking, dozing not really getting a good deep sleep at all. Was so bad this week that I didn't have the energy to go to work on Friday, I was just too exhausted, muscles felt weak and heavy and I just felt damned miserable from this constant lack of sleep. Am also now having very vivid dreams and often wake up in the middle of one, nip to the loo, go back to sleep and continue the dream. They're very specific in content and not like the usual dreams which fade in memory quite quickly. These dreams seem to leave a strong imprint on my memory and one in particular has turned out to be very prophetic and actually happened 18 months after I had it. If it had been a film it would have been an epic! Last dream I had was a week ago, and I was putting together a table tennis table with a couple of people. I'd just attached the net and picked up the bat to start playing when I woke up needing the loo!

Thinking about everything I get up to in my dream time, it's no wonder I wake up sweating I suppose! :think:

Frosty66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Snow
Hi
Me too most awful dreams night sweating and loo calls. Legs ache and are so itchy and hot. I can never find a cool spot. So tired all the time.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Frosty66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Snow
Nearly a month since diagnosis. Im finding tge low carb diet although gasie has helped with the night sweats. Although i still get itchy restless legs. Sleep is seems to be in two 4hour shifts with loo break inbetween. Still feeling very tired and not wanting to shift my lazy self.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App