No Stock of Accuchek Aviva Strips

Tracyann35

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Haven’t been able to get stock of test strips since they have recalled certain batches is anyone else having this problem??? My nurse at surgery thinking of prescribing new meter and strips which won’t be compatible with pump. Spoke to Roche and they advised not sure when we will receive supplies.

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Hi @Tracyann35 this has been asked on a previos thread. If you phone accucheck up they will supply to you, pretty quickly, as you are a pump user

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Haven’t been able to get stock of test strips since they have recalled certain batches is anyone else having this problem??? My nurse at surgery thinking of prescribing new meter and strips which won’t be compatible with pump. Spoke to Roche and they advised not sure when we will receive supplies.
Just got 4 boxes of them so not a problem in Surrey I guess. Always good to have a back up meter though so maybe you should take advantage of that nurse offer.

db89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Also just picked up 4 boxes of them on Monday without trouble. Perhaps the affected batch codes were only issued to certain parts of the country?

D

Deleted Account

This is a great reminder to keep a supply of at least one box of test strips (and insulin) as spare at all times.
Thankfully, my surgery prescribes 4 boxes of strips at a time and I request a new prescription when I open my penultimate box.
One lesson I have learnt is to make sure you "rotate your stock" as the strips have a best before date on them.

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
Always good to have a back up meter though so maybe you should take advantage of that nurse offer.
This is a great reminder to keep a supply of at least one box of test strips (and insulin) as spare at all times.

Absolutely. Found myself in a panic at the weekend as I dropped my meter while out on a walk on Saturday afternoon/evening. As the location shuts at dusk (5.30pm atm) I was without overnight and had to scrabble around to see if I had any spare strips for my backup meter (my libre reader, now unused because libre no longer works for me). No open pharmacies on Saturday evening so had to wait till Sunday morning to check if meter was where I walked and/or get spare meter from pharmacy. Luckily I'd obviously dropped it by the car so some kind person had placed it on a nearby gate, but was a slightly scary evening. I hadn't realised how meter dependent I'd become. Just wish I'd put my name and phone number in the meter wallet, as I bet the finder would have looked in it and phoned me if I'd left the info there.

vic hill

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
yes
had the same problem in suffolk .e mail with faulty batch nos om .
repiled to say understood .
but i do have what i call the small blood sugar meter gluco rx and true result twist which are ideal when going for a walk as the 3 item one uses with ,accuchek metres strips meter and lancet LARGE PUMP WALLETT
so if i had run out can do blood sugar test work out insulin by my normal ratio and give a bolus with the pump it will ask for a blood test but go to no and it will given by the pump whatever you dial up over the years i have tried many meters but before i was on a pump onetouch were good small to carry to
hospital .local gp. and docs would understand and help in some way for getting some form of urgent blood meter for you
good luck vic
p s these small and free style libre cost me to buy but are great for back up and for bad days of sugr control

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
If you call them they will send a box, it's not just the bad batches that are the problem, apparently there is a manufacturing problem as well (or was when they called me about a week and a half ago) although I haven't ran into any problems of getting them here xx

Chas C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Was fine for me - my chemist had no issues yesterday.