No weight loss

enzina

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pain, being dependent, egoistic people & jealousy
Maybe some of you have seen my other posts. Last year my doctor said i had Impaired fasting glycaemia. 10 days ago i tested my bs because i felt tired all the time, went a lot to the loo and lost weight even after eating tons of cakes and sweets.

The levels went up to over 30 and i had to go to A&E. Anyway, on Tuesday i was diagnosed with T2.Since 10 days i'm eating a low carb diet, the levels went down to single numbers but i don't loose any weight anymore. I also feel bloated at all times.

I can't find any yoghurt with little carbs, so i eat natural Activia. I also eat loads of seed: flaxseed, pumpkin seeds, hemp seeds, goji berries, sesame seeds and take a few supplements like milk thistle, omega3,Vit B1 and B6.I'm drinking one Flora proactive because i don't wanna take the statins. Is that all too much?

I'm really disappointed not to lose any weight although sometimes starving.

John aka Wallycorker

enzina said:
........I can't find any yoghurt with little carbs, so i eat natural Activia. I also eat loads of seed: flaxseed, pumpkin seeds, hemp seeds, goji berries, sesame seeds .........
Hi enzina,

What about Muller Light (around 15g of carb per pot) or Tesco Light Natural Low Fat Yoghurt (around 7.5g of carb per 100g)? These two work OK for me as far as blood glucose levels are concerned.

I too have built a few mixed nuts and seeds into my daily diet also. However, take care with "loads" of seeds because I suppose that you know they are very high in calories - around 600 cals per 100g?

In my experience, you have to be a little bit patient as regards weight loss. However, believe me it does happen if you take care with what you are eating. healthcare people don't recommend anything faster than one or two pounds per week.

Best wishes - John

bufferz

John aka Wallycorker said:
healthcare people don't recommend anything faster than one or two pounds per week.

But they also recommend that diabetics eat lots of starchy carbs! :roll:

Just carry on Enzina, though i would suggest you buy the collins gem carb counter, to help you, as you shouldnt be "starving" yourself doing this, its not a diet, its a lifestyle alteration, that in all likelyhood you will be doing for the rest of your life. For yoghurt, you would be looking at the greek stuff, and fill it with some fruit (blueberries/raspberrys). As John says, keep an eye on the quantity of nuts, a handful a day shouldnt be a problem. Meat, cheese, and veg are you saviours here (but not peas/carrots/spuds - boo)

enzina

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Thanks for all the early morning replies, you are stars. :mrgreen:

John, you are right, maybe i eat too much seeds. I thought they are helping me losing weight before i found out, it's because of the high bg i lost weight. I eat currently a teaspoon of each daily but will cut down now.

I should be more patient, yes. I eat mainly green vegetables to the meat:spinach, lettuce, cabbage, broccoli and cauliflower.

BUT i have noticed, my skin cleared up completely, my eyes are brighter and i have much more energy!

bufferz

enzina said:
BUT i have noticed, my skin cleared up completely, my eyes are brighter and i have much more energy!

and a sparkly, shiny coat? :lol: :lol: (sorry, it sounds like an ad for some new dog food)

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Well done enzina!
you seem to have improved your general health quite a lot, if you have lots of energy. Are you exercising too?
If you keep your carbs low, you WILL lose.
Hana

Synonym

Dislikes
Having no energy as this is so limiting.
Hi Irene. :)

Emergency rations in the fridge is the answer! :D When I have been hungry I have eaten a small piece of cheese or meat or even a hardboiled egg with a little full fat mayo and it really does keep the hunger pangs at bay.

Chew it really well and for as long as possible as the very act of chewing makes your brain think everything is ok, your hunger is satisfied and the famine is over. I have read of a a scientific reason for this but can't find it at the moment - perhaps someone like Katherine or Hana might know of it. To chew really well does work, though. 8)

enzina

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
High again all ,

I have just been to the La Dolce Vita exhibition. That was a big mistake, there was soooo much food and wine on show but i didn't even eat one sample. My friend and me left soon because it was so crowdy anyway.

We went for a long, long dog walk and my bg is 5.4. This is the lowest ever since i'm measuring.:mrgreen: I just ate now 2 tomatoes, 1 boiled egg, gherkins and ham.

Hana, yes, i'm exercising. I take the dogs for two long walks the day, i walk as fast as i can. I also live on the 3rd floor without lift and have to go out several times the day. I used to swimming but stopped because of my figure (Size 16). I also do a bit exercises for the spine if i feel like it.

Maybe i just want too much too soon.

Have a great weekend all

Irene

John aka Wallycorker

enzina said:
...........BUT i have noticed, my skin cleared up completely.......
It's funny you saying that but I mentioned something similar to my wife that my facial skin seemed a lot smoother these days. I wondered whether it was the dietary changes. Like bufferz says, if it works for dogs then why not for humans? :lol:

By the way, unfortunately, my wife had no interest whatsoever to test out the smoothness of my face! :(

enzina

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
By the way, unfortunately, my wife had no interest whatsoever to test out the smoothness of my face! :(

That's too bad John. :wink: Seriously, i believe to eat the right stuff, makes a lot of difference in how we look.

Bye the way, your levels are amazing! I wish i could put such figures in my signature.

I saw your petition and signed. Maybe we should put in on Twitter, what do you think?

Irene

John aka Wallycorker

enzina said:
.........I saw your petition and signed. Maybe we should put in on Twitter, what do you think?...........
Thanks Irene!

Unfortunately, I've not got around to using Twitter yet. However, if someone else knows what to do and thinks that it would help then I'd be very grateful.

Best wishes - John

enzina

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hi John,

All sorted, is on Twitter now. :lol: Hope, my followers will sign.

Irene

John aka Wallycorker

enzina said:
Hi John,

All sorted, is on Twitter now. :lol: Hope, my followers will sign.

Irene
Great stuff Irene,

The new supporters show at the bottom of the list.

Maybe, you'll be able to recognise some of your contacts.

Thanks - John