Non-Itchy Rash on Feet & Legs

Lucypieee

Dislikes
Diabetes
A few years ago, some freckles (or what look like freckles) started appearing on my feet. There was nothing alarming about them so I didn't worry too much. When it started to spread, I spoke to my DSN and my Consultant and they were both baffled, blaming my diabetes and the fact that 'sometimes these things happen'

Over the last year, the 'rash' has spread up my legs. It's not itchy, doesn't cause any issues apart from looking like a rash/freckles, my skin is still smooth (no bumps or spots anywhere). I spoke to a diabetic a few months ago who said that she had a similar issue and it was due to poor blood pressure and blood flow (due to diabetes) and essentially these were 'blood spots'. She had something similar (although her 'blood spots' looked much different).

I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this kind of complication and if there's anything I should know about it or if there's anything that can help it? And is this definitely poor blood pressure or something else?

Lucypieee

Dislikes
Diabetes
catherinecherub said:
Hi Lucy,

This is a list of skin complaints in this article that diabetics can present with. Yours sounds like diabetic dermopathy.http://www.diabetes.org/living-with-dia ... tions.html

Hi Catherine,

Thanks for this! Interesting, it does look look like Diabetic Dermopathy, I think I've always looked passed that as the patches are not scaly at all. However, it seems to be most fitting to my symptoms.

kathy fardell

Dislikes
Curry
I too have a rash on the top my feet and ancles and sometimes my hands. If anyone knows if it Diabetec linked please tell me.
They are small raised White chalky bumps, any ideas guys and gals ?

Lucypieee

Dislikes
Diabetes
kathy fardell said:
I too have a rash on the top my feet and ancles and sometimes my hands. If anyone knows if it Diabetec linked please tell me.
They are small raised White chalky bumps, any ideas guys and gals ?

Hi Kathy,

See the link that Catherine posted following my query. It's a list of skin complaints that are related to diabetes. If you're still unsure, speak to your DSN and see what they think.

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)