Not diagnosed but concerned

surromum

Type of diabetes
Gestational
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi All , I'm hoping you might be able to help me

I am 15 weeks pregnant and have been suffering horrible headaches for 10 weeks - recently ( the last 4 weeks or so) I have been very thristy drinking all the time , i am also tired all the time ( but that could just be pregnancy )

yesterday my MIL tested my blood sugars , I had eaten a bacon sandwich about 90 minutes before so that may have been affecting my blood sugars but they were 17.5mmols . I know these are very high , so this morning after the school run ( and before eating anything) I drove to boots and bought a glucose monitor

I tested right there in the car the results were 6.1 mmols . I don't know what they should be in the morning before eating is that normal ?

I have a dr appointment first thing in the morning about the headaches and am going to mention it to him while I am there but its driving me crazy trying to make sense of it all.

any advice would be wonderful .

Thanks x

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Congratulations on your pregnancy!

No doubt you will get more responses, but for now 17.5 mmol/l is pretty high, even after a bacon sandwich (bacon fine, bread not really). 6.1 is a typical 'fasting level' associated with controlled T2 diabetes. Excessive thirst is also a symptom.

Raise this with your GP, he will certainly want to do more blood tests.

I'm sure you didn't want to hear this, but the fact you have come on here is indicative. You're in the right place so keep asking questions whenever you like.